Disappearing posts

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm occasionally on when the site is backing up and whatever else is going on. Well, actually I'm always on the site whenever I can, and it happens same time every night.

During this time several posts I've written have disappeared, they were on and then they weren't. I can not swear to this, but I'm pretty sure.

It may be better to have the site go down 100% when this process is occurring. Just my 2¢.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't think so, about 1:00AM in the morning my time the site is backed up. This is when this happens I think. I could even be wrong, sometimes it is easy to loose theads. The remaining 23¾ hours it is stable as a rock.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi Bill,

Sorry about the trouble. Lost posts are frustrating, and should not be happening.

I made some changes to the backup settings, which are suppose to be a little less intense on memory (so the site *should* still run) and no more table locking while backing up (so you *should* be able to post).

If you are on late into the night over the next few days, please let me know if the changes have any effect.

Cheers

Rob