Disable PIezo speaker

_Thoth_

Joined Apr 8, 2010
Yes, it is done and working on the breadboard. Just got the tiny solderable breadboards today to transfer the circuit to something a little more secure.

Thanks a bunch to everyone, and big kudos to Ron H for the diagram we worked with.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Yes, it is done and working on the breadboard. Just got the tiny solderable breadboards today to transfer the circuit to something a little more secure.

Thanks a bunch to everyone, and big kudos to Ron H for the diagram we worked with.
I'm glad it worked for you. It was cookbook. Someone just needed to post it for you.

_Thoth_

Joined Apr 8, 2010
So, I just received some new IV pumps to get ready as props with an apparent software revision that is causing a problem if anyone can help.

The error I am getting is:

"During power-up the A/D converter expects audio transducer input voltage to be >0.2VDC during audio activity. If not, blah blah blah"

If I power up the unit with the stock Piezo (same make and model as the original pump) give it a moment and then hot swap for my circuit it works fine. So It is definitely something not allowing enough voltage through at startup. Any thoughts ?

I've re-attached the circuit diagram for reference.

Attachments

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
It sounds like you just need more amplitude. Have you measured it, both stock and modfied? Can you post a schematic showing how the modification is connected to the existing circuit and that excludes any original components that have been removed or are disconnected?

Last edited:

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
So, I just received some new IV pumps to get ready as props with an apparent software revision that is causing a problem if anyone can help.

The error I am getting is:

"During power-up the A/D converter expects audio transducer input voltage to be >0.2VDC during audio activity. If not, blah blah blah"

If I power up the unit with the stock Piezo (same make and model as the original pump) give it a moment and then hot swap for my circuit it works fine. So It is definitely something not allowing enough voltage through at startup. Any thoughts ?

I've re-attached the circuit diagram for reference.
I would lift the left end of C14(?) and connect the output of the 555 to that end of the capacitor. Is this what you have done?

_Thoth_

Joined Apr 8, 2010
All I had to do with the original was replace the existing piezo with my circuit to the existing connector. I did not have to modify the existing circuitry of the device at all.

For now I have just added a DPDT ON-ON Toggle into the mix so I can switch between the piezo and my circuit. I start it up with the piezo, and once it has done it's startup I switch it over to the bypass. Seems stable enough. Was hoping to find something a little more elegant and "dummy proof" for the boys out on the film set.