disable autorun for USB drives

dileepchacko

Joined May 13, 2008
Dear all

How to disable auto run feature of usb drives for windows XP, since virus makers are using advantage from that. Auto run of drives will lead the virus get activated without even opening the file in that drive. recently my system get effected by torojan horse, this virus use especially this feature for spreading in the system. any help will be appreciated.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
hi there, you can disable auto run feature from all drives using gpedit.msc command.
I'll have to get my XP machine running to post sum jpegs, since registry is different in vista and xp.
Wait for it.

Rifaa

new_bro

Joined Jan 30, 2009
Dear all

How to disable auto run feature of usb drives for windows XP, since virus makers are using advantage from that. Auto run of drives will lead the virus get activated without even opening the file in that drive. recently my system get effected by torojan horse, this virus use especially this feature for spreading in the system. any help will be appreciated.

here is the solution go to run type regedit press enter windows registry editor opens dig down the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\ in right panel right click and modify the value nodrivetypeautorun change it to ff from 91 then close the registry editor logoff or restart the pc autorun for all devices will be disabled.