DIP42 42pin EPROM Duplication - NEED HELP!

amreboot

Joined Jun 11, 2013
Hey all
Fist post here on the forum!

I am trying to source a method in the duplication of this particular EPROM.
It is a Sharp IR4N01
Thats all I know about it other than its a DIP42
Here is a pic of the EPROM

If someone can help me out to tell me what I need as far as possible equipment, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advanced!

Alex

JDT

Joined Feb 12, 2009
First you will need to find a data-sheet of the chip to find out how it works, how the memory is organised, read and programmed and the pin connections.

Then design a micro-controller device that could read the memory bits, words or blocks (depending on its internal arrangement), store in RAM, and program a new device.

That's assuming it is an electrically programmable device. Some are mask programmed (once-only programmed during manufacture).

amreboot

Joined Jun 11, 2013
Well, I can't find any data specs on it at all.

That is the only chip on the board that seems most likely to contain config info. Unless its the CPU, which again, I can't find any info on it.

There are other chips on the board which I can pull info up on, such as a amps, high volt relay, and a surface mount microprocesser.

Someone suggested that the supposed high volt relay could be a battery backed up ram chip that could contain the config info...

I think it's a CPU of some sort, maybe a Z80 derivative although I can't think of any 42 pin versions off the top of my head, or it could be a Sharp version of NEC 4 bit mask programmed uPD650c types.

Maybe the guys over at the http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/ cpu world forums could help. It's not as active over there as it used to be so you may not get an answer

EDIT: The Matsushita is a relay of some sort. Like I said the Sharp one is a CPU probably mask programmed(Eprom on board) Impossible to read. Reading 6801 is bad enough and that has loads of datasheets available(one of my little projects when I get round to it)

Last edited: