DIP42 42pin EPROM Duplication - NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by amreboot, Jun 11, 2013.

1. amreboot

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Hey all
    Fist post here on the forum!

I am trying to source a method in the duplication of this particular EPROM.
    It is a Sharp IR4N01
    Thats all I know about it other than its a DIP42
    Here is a pic of the EPROM
    [​IMG]

If someone can help me out to tell me what I need as far as possible equipment, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advanced!

Alex

2. JDT

Feb 12, 2009
    First you will need to find a data-sheet of the chip to find out how it works, how the memory is organised, read and programmed and the pin connections.

Then design a micro-controller device that could read the memory bits, words or blocks (depending on its internal arrangement), store in RAM, and program a new device.

That's assuming it is an electrically programmable device. Some are mask programmed (once-only programmed during manufacture).

3. Meixner

Sep 26, 2011
    Are you sure it's an eprom, from the circutry around it it doesn't seem likley.

4. amreboot

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Well, I can't find any data specs on it at all.

That is the only chip on the board that seems most likely to contain config info. Unless its the CPU, which again, I can't find any info on it.

There are other chips on the board which I can pull info up on, such as a amps, high volt relay, and a surface mount microprocesser.

Someone suggested that the supposed high volt relay could be a battery backed up ram chip that could contain the config info...
    [​IMG]

5. Meixner

Sep 26, 2011
    What is this board used in ?

6. apprenticemart2

May 7, 2013
    I think it's a CPU of some sort, maybe a Z80 derivative although I can't think of any 42 pin versions off the top of my head, or it could be a Sharp version of NEC 4 bit mask programmed uPD650c types.

Maybe the guys over at the http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/ cpu world forums could help. It's not as active over there as it used to be so you may not get an answer

EDIT: The Matsushita is a relay of some sort. Like I said the Sharp one is a CPU probably mask programmed(Eprom on board) Impossible to read. Reading 6801 is bad enough and that has loads of datasheets available(one of my little projects when I get round to it)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013