Dip Trace: Moving wire from one pin to another?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Yes I did check both the help and the tutorial but they are not very helpful.

What seems to work is to first place a new wire segment to the "new" pin. Then delete the old wire.

There is an "Edit Mode" but I am not sure I understand what it is supposed to do, even after reading help.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Mouse over the wire you want to move. When it turns blue, right click it. Choose delete line or delete wire. Reconnect wire to new pin.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
If I understand correctly I realize I can do that but I need to reconnect the wire from the "source" pin. But what I have found is that if the wire has a right angle in it then you can select delete line and it will only delete up to the angle.

But if it is a big long straight line, it might be cumbersome to redraw the whole thing. It would be nice if there was a way to just move the wire.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
If I understand correctly I realize I can do that but I need to reconnect the wire from the "source" pin. But what I have found is that if the wire has a right angle in it then you can select delete line and it will only delete up to the angle.

But if it is a big long straight line, it might be cumbersome to redraw the whole thing. It would be nice if there was a way to just move the wire.
Try delete line instead of delete wire; you can delete any segment between nodes. See if that helps.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Yeah that is what I said I used in my second post. I want to know if there is a way to move a wire.

It can be done in ExpressSch.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Yeah that is what I said I used in my second post. I want to know if there is a way to move a wire.

It can be done in ExpressSch.
I guess it doesn't work like ExpressSch. If I wanted to do what you describe, I would add a node to the straight line, and then delete the portion between the node I just created and the component pin. Then, I would click on the new node and connect it to the new pin. Sorry I don't have a better solution. Or maybe I just don't understand what you want. Either way, I'll shut up about it. :)