DIP FSK Transmitter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by silvrstring, Oct 12, 2009.

1. silvrstring

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Hi everyone.

I have been trying to find a DIP FSK transmitter and receiver pair, but everything I find is TSSOP (e.g., Atmel's T5753 and U3741B). Can anyone recommend a good DIP pair I can use with a breadboard for design purposes. The closest thing I've found are expensive ones which are actually SOP chips on a minigreenboard with pins.

I really need this for my project. The other parts I am using are fine, but now it's getting gloomy because I might have to resort to one of the small package sets.

I've been googling my butt off. If someone knows the chips I need, I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks if you can help
  2. SgtWookie

Jul 17, 2007
    I wouldn't recommend trying to breadboard an RF transmitter/receiver. There will be far too much stray capacitance & inductance.

If you insist on doing so, you can buy adapters:

However, you would be far better off using the "dead bug" approach. This time-honored technique is particularly suited to small RF projects. It involves gluing the IC's face down on a copper PCB, and using point-to-point wiring. Stray capacitance/inductance is minimized. The copper on the PCB can serve as a convenient ground plane.

More details: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/building-a-circuit-deadbug-style.html
    Google is your friend. :)
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  3. silvrstring

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Thanks SgtWookie. I'll look into it.