dioeds in a MAC battery charger

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by mlscooter, Dec 29, 2012.

1. mlscooter

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I bought a battery charger at a garage sale this past summer knowing that it wasnt working I took it apart and found that the dioeds mounted to a copper plate 2 were missing and 3 of them had the sodder broke free I tried to find these dioeds to replace them with no luck the # on the dioed is ARH027-8805 can some one tell me the sze of these dioeds are and where I can get them from and by reading some of the answers in other peoples posts I would like to have a studd on both ends of the dioeds and maybe the next size bigger in amp rating
    thanks for the help
    have a great day

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    It might help if you posted photos of the charger and the diodes, if that is not too much trouble.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    It sounds like diodes so ancient that I forgot their name...selenium rectifiers?
    A photo would mean a lot, and read the specifications for us. The volts and amps it claims to produce.

4. debe

Sep 21, 2010
    A lot of older battery chargers used car Altenator diodes that were press fit in rectifier assy or were soldered in place. I used to dismantle scraped car altenators for the diodes (free).