Diodes

Sheldon

Joined May 29, 2005
looks like it has, although the board just might be slow, as I got an email to say you'd replied to this thread and your message took a while to appear.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by Sheldon@Jun 2 2005, 07:49 PM
looks like it has, although the board just might be slow, as I got an email to say you'd replied to this thread and your message took a while to appear.
[post=8163]Quoted post[/post]​
AS you got the email, it seems it went alright. If it turns up, then OK. If it doesn't by tomorrow, give me a PM and I'll redo it. I replied direct from my email box so didn't keep a copy.

I usually do those in Word and keep a copy. Wish I had that time!

Sheldon

Joined May 29, 2005
Enclosed is the diagram to give you an idea of how it works incase your interested, its not accurate symbol wise I've just knocked it together.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by Sheldon@Jun 16 2005, 11:05 PM
Enclosed is the diagram to give you an idea of how it works incase your interested, its not accurate symbol wise I've just knocked it together.
[post=8580]Quoted post[/post]​
I'm pleased it's all working OK.

pebe.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by Sheldon@Jun 17 2005, 11:23 AM
Did you get my PM? Thanks for all your help BTW.
[post=8590]Quoted post[/post]​
You're always most welcome. Yes, I got your PM. I should have acked. Very remiss of me. Sorry.

pinball8

Joined Jun 12, 2005
Originally posted by Sheldon@May 29 2005, 07:11 AM
I'm looking for some diodes for use in automotive circuits, but haven’t got a clue about the specification side of a diode; does the diode have to be specifically for 12V? Or can you use any diode rated above 12V? Is there a specific part number/type/make......?

Any help would be appreciated.
[post=8030]Quoted post[/post]​
Diodes are rated for both voltage and current. You have already supplied the voltage used in your particular application. Does the diode you are replacing have any markings on it? What does it look like?

pinball8

Joined Jun 12, 2005
Originally posted by pinball8@Jun 19 2005, 05:08 AM
Diodes are rated for both voltage and current. You have already supplied the voltage used in your particular application. Does the diode you are replacing have any markings on it? What does it look like?
[post=8610]Quoted post[/post]​
I forgot to include something in my reply to your question. You can always use a diode with higher voltage ratings as long as the diode will handle the amount of current for your particular application.

Sheldon

Joined May 29, 2005
Pinball I've already solved my problem (in the diagram posted above) but thanks anyway. Went from my idea of using a diode to protect my alarm, to actually finding out that the alarm was wired different to what I though and was actually driving a relay that was firing 12V down to the solenoid, and not the solenoid direct.

Miansari you need to goto the main page and post your question in the correct topic...... http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/index.php?act=idx