Diode information gets me crazy

PBLim

Joined Aug 9, 2009
Hi everyone,
This is my first time using this 'All About Circuits' website forum and i'm sure it'll be very informative.
Anyway, i have this typical glass diode (which i think is a signal diode) and trying to find a replacement from the internet. The only information i have on the diode is "038 28 00" printed on the diode surface. I search through the iinternet using popular websites such as 'Alldatasheet", "DataSheet Pro", "IC Master" and etc but could not get the technical specification for this diode.
Can anyone help me out on this? :confused:
Thanks a lot and best regards!

Last edited:

PBLim

Joined Aug 9, 2009
Hi,
The diode was used in the RF generator output circuit board which belongs to 1 of our equipment. On top of the board, there're a lot of coils, similar diodes & etc.
I tried to find those "038 28 00" part number and coding from alternatives sources but to no avail.:(

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Do you have the schematic, that you can post?
It sounds like the diodes are used for switching.
If they are used for switching it will probably be some kind of pin-diodes.

It sound like HP / Agilent stuff.
Can you give the type of the equipment?

Greetings,
Bertus

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hi,
The diode was used in the RF generator output circuit board which belongs to 1 of our equipment.
It would help a great deal if you could provide the manufacturer name and model number of the piece of equipment, followed by the board (assembly) number and reference designator (marked on the circuit board) of the diode.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Hi,
The diode was used in the RF generator output circuit board which belongs to 1 of our equipment. On top of the board, there're a lot of coils, similar diodes & etc.
I tried to find those "038 28 00" part number and coding from alternatives sources but to no avail.:(
I think it is a tunnel diode used to produce the RF carrier wave (oscillator).