Diode identification

styo

Joined Aug 6, 2016
Okay new to site but looks like a good place to go for info. I'm an amateur electronics geek and am in process of a tv repair. Ran across a diode in the lamp circuit that's got me stumped (easily done). The p/n on the diode is Kiv 227 with over scores like an underscore (_) over the 2 and 7 in the part number. Can't locate this part number on net and it shows bad with the normal diode test....but so does the new one...I bought a kit with the replacement parts in it so I have a new one (kiv495 with over scores over the 9 and 5) but doesn't make sense to me. Someone out there has ran across this i'm sure. Thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So if they do not test as a diode, (presumably you did NOT use the Ohms range on a DMM?) what makes you think it IS a diode?
Max.

styo

Joined Aug 6, 2016
Here is the pictures requested. Tested diode with diode tester AND ohms range on Fluke 87. Thanks

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I couldn't find anything with those numbers either. But I did find some components with numbers beginning with KIV and they were SIDAC devices (bidirectional breakover https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIAC) which look like diodes but will appear open circuit on a multimeter.
Any takers for this theory?

Edit: not so sure having seen the picture - why the coloured band?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Shows a regular diode symbol, is there any more reverse engineering you can do to see how it fits in with the rest of the circuit?
Max.