Diode any help?

ENG99

Joined Feb 13, 2014
i had work with this assignment several times but I'm not sure if my answer is correct or no. Can u plz check it.
I have attached itimage.jpg

Thanks

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I found them. I circled them in red:

image.jpg

Seriously though, "Find D1 and D2" is not a question. What aspects of D1 and D2? D1 and D2 are just diodes. Do you want the current flowing through them? Power dissipated? There are many measurements that can be taken of D1 and D2. Asking to "find D1 and D2" is not a complete question.

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
And your answer is ??
And how can Vx = 0V if you assumed that both diodes are ON and notice that D2 cathode is at 2V.

ENG99

Joined Feb 13, 2014

View attachment 90869

Seriously though, "Find D1 and D2" is not a question. What aspects of D1 and D2? D1 and D2 are just diodes. Do you want the current flowing through them? Power dissipated? There are many measurements that can be taken of D1 and D2. Asking to "find D1 and D2" is not a complete question.
Yes I meant the current flowing through d1 and d2

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What do you mean when you say, "Vx=0 for short circuit"?

You indicate that Vx is the voltage at the node at the bottom of the 1 kΩ diode. Why would the voltage there ever be 0 V?

What model are you using for your diodes?

Saying, "I1 = 1" is fundamentally incorrect. '1' is a number, it is not a current. You have a current of '1 mA', so you need to say that "I1 = 1 mA"

Track your units -- the payoff is huge.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013

View attachment 90869

You just made my day lol

Thanks
Jay Sr