Dinosaur in the Room.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually the story said remnants of the cells survived, in fossilized forms. No DNA, just a few proteins. Most decay is what it sounds like, micro-organisms eating the dead flesh. Doesn't seem to apply for fossilized flesh, the micro-organisms would be fossilized along with it.

Of course, this is a public magazine, not a scientific journal. You take what they say as public entertainment.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Actually the story said remnants of the cells survived, in fossilized forms. No DNA, just a few proteins. Most decay is what it sounds like, micro-organisms eating the dead flesh. Doesn't seem to apply for fossilized flesh, the micro-organisms would be fossilized along with it.

Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Science fiction leads science fact. If they're trying to make Jurrassic Park a real thing, I wish they focus their efforts on making me a light saber. I have no use for a dinosaur.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You may really need that light saber or better yet a blaster as you are going down the hatch Wait a minute didn't I see that in the movie? .Only they used a femur bone to save the day.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
If in some way or by some manner I could acquire, incubate and hatch a dinosaur egg........I would.

Then I would feed it. With whatever it needed. o yeah.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
You don't like pets? o_O :(
Pets, sure I have one. He's a dog who boasts a full feature set, including:
Barking skills.
plays with children.
bred for generations for loyalty and temperament.
Mammal, soft with fur, snuggly.
Eats table scraps.

What can a dinosaur give me? If I felt the dog was an inadequate protector and work animal, my next choice would be silverback gorilla, not dinosaur.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have read, and believe it that our early ancestors and the Neanderthals often interbred.
Some have had their DNA tested have discovered the Neanderthal gene is present.:eek:
I just recently had a (DNA) test for ancestry purposes, they never mentioned Neanderthal in the result, (Not that there is anything wrong with that) :D
I have a 2% of South Asian blood, accounts for my love of curry!
Max.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I have read, and believe it that our early ancestors and the Neanderthals often interbred.
Some have had their DNA tested have discovered the Neanderthal gene is present.:eek:
I just recently had a (DNA) test for ancestry purposes, they never mentioned Neanderthal in the result, (Not that there is anything wrong with that) :D
I have a 2% of South Asian blood, accounts for my love of curry!
Max.
I once read that white skin is a trait that we inherited from the Neanderthals... I wonder if that's true