Digital v/f control of ac induction motor

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by mba ukairo, Jun 5, 2009.

1. mba ukairo

mba ukairo Thread Starter New Member

Hello,

I am Electrical power engineering student doing my fianal project on Digital V/f control of AC induction motor.It will be a closed-loop system with current and velocity feedback. I am using PIC18F2431. I don't know about pic programming and suitable 3 phase inverter bridge that will match the pic. Please, I need assistance and I have reading the pic programing, it looks as if an getting confused. Please, can some one direct me on what to do and where can I order the 3 phase inverter bridge.

Thanks for helping
  2. mba ukairo

mba ukairo Thread Starter New Member

Hi,
    I am working digital control of AC induction motor. I have developed C code program but the problem I am having is that the gap between ON and OFF switch state. Please, can someone help me tell me what to about it. I have a sine look up table in the code.
    Thanks
    Mba
  3. joebarry

joebarry New Member

Hello Mba,

I'm also working on a simple V/f controller. I think it would be advisable you use the assembly language construct for PIC18f for this project as it will give you a tighter control over C language. You can check out the AN843 application note for motor control in microchip site.

ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00843a.pdf