Digital Transmitter to Laptop

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by iamclifford, May 30, 2011.

1. iamclifford

Thread Starter New Member

May 29, 2011
    I have a panasonic dvd player that came with a Panasonic SH-FX65T SE-FX65 Wireless system. (seen in this link - http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SHFX65.pdf) .

Im not using the wireless system with my tv, so i figured i would try and pair it with my laptop (HP ENVY 14 - Windows 7 Professional 64x). Any ideas on how this can be done?
    Thanks for your help. And if you dont know, any idea where i can find out more information on this/if it is even possible?

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Not sure, but your Panasonic likely outputs a standard video signal, like composite or S-video, for a TV. On the computer you would need video capture hardware and software to do anything with this signal. You cannot simply route it to your monitor like it was another TV screen. Analog video capture on a laptop is not common.

3. iamclifford

Thread Starter New Member

May 29, 2011
    sorry if i was unclear, i meant that i wanted to use the wireless system with my laptop, not the dvd player (the wireless speaker system just came with the dvd player). So i want to connect wireless-ly to the wireless speaker system (for use of only the speakers) with my laptop.