digital to frequency converter.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Dimpi, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Dimpi

Thread Starter Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Hi all.

For a digital to frequency converter,please tell me the frequency at which its works.is there any internal architecture of digital to frequency converter??

the pdf attached is a IC used in my 3-phse energy meter.i want to know the procedure for finding the frequency output from the IC if the power consumed is 1KWH.Please help.

2. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
  3. Dimpi

Thread Starter Member

Sep 6, 2013
    the link u gave is not opening..

can u please tell me the procedure to calculate the exact frequency using this IC (attached in pdf format)from a power consumption of 1KWH...
    By seeing the functional block diagram i can found out the output of LPF to be varying from 6.1to 9HZ(if i am correct).then wat to do nxt??
    please help.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  4. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Why have you got two threads asking the same question? That IC doesn't have a fixed relation between pulse rate and kWh.

5. Dimpi

Thread Starter Member

Sep 6, 2013
    w

so how to decide the frequency of the output which is to be applied at the microcontroller(neuvoton N79E844AWG)which m using in my project Energy meter??please elaborate.

6. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    You have to do a calibration run with known power-consuming loads.

7. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    The phase-locked loop is not what you need, I thought you just wanted to multiply or divide a frequency. This appears to be a thread about power conversion.

8. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I don't know what is a digital to frequency converter.

If you wish to measure frequency there are two ways of doing that.

1) You can count the number of transitions occurring within a fixed time interval.

2) You can measure the time interval between successive transitions.

9. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    In my software radio class we had a topic of DDS. Direct Digital Synthesis. You use digital system to create analog sine wave.

10. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Hah! So the op wants a DDS or a digital frequency synthesizer. Then he needs a binary rate multiplier and a PLL (phase-locked loop).