Digital low speed RF transceiver

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by alan-31, Apr 21, 2010.

1. alan-31

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Hi guy its me again!

Ok, I tried searching for simpler RF circuits but there's a few and I don't know what to choose.

Basically I want to make a pair of RF transceivers that can send/receive digital data. Speed is of no importance, simplicity is. Does anyone know of any circuits for that? I want to make this from the group up for learning. Help!
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Is there a reason for the 1KB/sec datarate?

You could use one that is capable of much faster then use software to only send at 1KB/sec.
  3. alan-31

Mar 29, 2010
    No, speed is not an issue at all. I fixed that now to say that. I just want something simple that I can build myself.
  4. skeptic

Mar 7, 2010
    How far do you want to send the data?
  5. rjenkins

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 6, 2005
    The circuits in this thread
    may be a reasonable starting point?

Replace the relay with a load resistor to give a digital output and remove the capacitor & diodes straight below it (which control the relay back EMF) and you have a basic AM data link.

You may have to adjust some filter caps to optimise it for higher speed, but in principle it could be OK for a few hundred baud.
  6. alan-31

Mar 29, 2010
    hi skeptic, data should be able to travel at least a few meters although say, 30 meters wouldn't be bad but its not required.

Robert, those circuits are great in terms of simplicity (compared to the 2.4ghz project), but I can't read some of the values and more so, I'm afraid I wont be able to make that resistor/relay replacement or capacitor changes correctly. But I can go with these (with your changes) if I cant find anything else.

Is there anything I can search on the internet to get more circuits like this? "RF remote control circuit"?

EDIT: guys I found some 27 Mhz stuff, like this one. I'll check it out:
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010