digital firing angle using 555 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

makleo

Joined Dec 18, 2010
i need the relevant codes(esp.of delay,lcd n keypad I/F in C).i am using keypad n lcd with 8051 as well.if i enter 50(degrees) from keypad,it should appear on lcd.then corresponding delay should be generated.i need someone to help me out n reply me with a method to proceed.me waiting 4 this forum to be a bit more helpful n encouraging.thanx!

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
What language are you programming in?

You need to do the math to convert 40 degrees to the time, since it is a sinewave, do you know what that function would be? (I'm asking since it is a bit fundamental to the entire program).

I won't write the code for you, I work mostly with PICs, but can step you through the logic.

First get the keypad working so you can enter only valid angles, e.g. 0-180.

You will need a display for feedback of numbers keyed in, and display the delay on the display while it is running so it can be verified with the scope to be sure your circiut is working.

makleo

Joined Dec 18, 2010
language used is C.i am writing a general function which takes angle as its I/P n then returns the calculated delay in ms.i know how to do calculations on sine wave n don't expect code to be written by someone.what i want is step by step guidance.i know forums are to discuss problems n not for spoon-feeding.thanks a lot!

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I won't be of much help with the 8051, but there are many Keypad and LCD routines around the net if you google for them.

Once you have that and the sin function, use first two ZCD inputs to determine line frequency (or assume it is your areas standard freq). Then it is a matter of plugging stuff together and sticking the various program pieces together.

Do you have a classmate or prof to help you with the part you don't understand? There are several web tutorials on C, and a few 8051 tutorials as well. Though I don't have an 8051 dev board/compiler around anymore to even try ideas to give you code. Another member here may see the thread, but you may want to edit the title, as it is a tad misleading, change 555 to 8051.

makleo

Joined Dec 18, 2010
@thatoneguy:you should have told me this earlier.thanks for your time but it was total waste of time n did not help me even a bit! i've been posting n waiting for replies for the last 2 weeks and in return my issue has not been resolved yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.