Digital Energy Meter..Help Needed

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by YazanJuve, Dec 14, 2009.

1. YazanJuve

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Hello :)

Well i got this project to do and i would appreciate it if someone can help me understand what these circuits do exactly :)

the circuits can be found at pages: 13,14 and 15 at this link:
    http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00939a.pdf

i know what each circuit is for but i need the details of how everything work :) i really need to understand it :)

Thanks All
    YazanJuve

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    If this is homework, then you get the most benefit from doing the figuring out. The data sheet has a reasonable good explanation of the voltage and current converter circuits. Have you tried to relate the data sheet circuit explanation to the schematic?

Google is good for supporting material about current transformers and so on. The circuits are being used to produce analog representations of the voltage and current waveforms that the uC can handle (and assign engineering units to without a lengthy calibration procedure).

If you have problems with op amps and gains, our Ebook has good material about that.

3. YazanJuve

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Well this is a project i have to do...I read the data sheet but i didn't understand exactly how does this work

I mean what each circuit do and so on..if you could explain it for me i would be grateful :)