digital display

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by aka-rato, May 11, 2012.

1. aka-rato

Thread Starter Member

May 11, 2012
    Hi,

I need to make a digital display using LEDs, it should display the power in Kpa and air flow in L/min. I know I need to a microchip, but I need information on what type of microchip to use and also need the circuit associated with producing this display.

thanks

2. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    First, I think you need to better define a solution or solutions to the problem, at a block diagram level, before getting into microprocessors and circuits...
    Where are you measuring air flow? ...power? How are you going to capture the data (this might just be a block on your diagram :) )? Where are you going to display the data (perhaps another block)? ...
    This will define a series of smaller problems which you can then address. Take it a step at a time and improve your solution at each iteration...

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Digital displays can be purchased. This reduces the problem to only getting the sensors to talk to the display.

4. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Can we assume you meant PRESSURE in kPa, and volumetric flow in L/min?

What ranges of both do you need?
    Do you have power supply constraints? (Battery, wall wart, etc.)
    Cost constraints?
    Have you chosen your transducers? If so, provide details if you can.
    Are you planning to ignore temperature and/or humidity?

5. aka-rato

Thread Starter Member

May 11, 2012
    sorry i meant pressure not power, and by the way im still new in electronics. what is happening is that im making a project where by there is much air flow and this air is going through pipes so what i want do is to make the displays or rather display which is going to display pressure and the air flow. please bear with me if i wil sound a bit stupid but i realy need your assistant and i will highly appreciate it.

thanks

6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    You might get some ideas from these guys. This experiment might also be helpful. And I love the animations here.

One more useful reference.

Oh, and is your username really your e-mail address? That's a bad idea and it should be changed ASAP. Ask the mods for help if you cannot do this yourself.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
    aka-rato likes this.
  7. aka-rato

Thread Starter Member

May 11, 2012
    thank u very much for ur help.