Digital Dice Game HELP

mipper628

Joined Sep 25, 2015
Hi, I'm a kinda new to all this circuit stuff (first year ICT student) but for my class i need to create a dice game in Logisim with two players. The first part which I have already done is to create a circuit returns a winner when the results of the dice are consecutive numbers, and the player with the highest number wins. eg. (Player 1 rolls a 2 and player 2 rolls a 1. The numbers (2 and 1) are consecutive, and player 1 has the higher number (2). Player 1 wins this round.) truth table attached.

So for the second part of the assessment I must create from what I can tell is a 3-bit counter and then for who ever reaches 7 wins (111) is marked as the winner.

Question.PNG

Note I can only use basic logic gates (AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, and XOR), and no other subcircuits that Logisim comes with but the Counter and Comparator circuits; everything else can only be done with basic logic gates.

Thanks again if I can get some advice for this!
truth table.PNG

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
No, I think the instructions are pretty clear and that the TS is reading it correctly.

A "round" involves an indeterminate number of throws since it continues until the two dice represent consecutive integers, in which case the person that threw the higher valued dice wins that round. The game then continues until someone wins n rounds, where n is a value that is set up some input (presumably switches).

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
No, I think the instructions are pretty clear and that the TS is reading it correctly.

A "round" involves an indeterminate number of throws since it continues until the two dice represent consecutive integers, in which case the person that threw the higher valued dice wins that round. The game then continues until someone wins n rounds, where n is a value that is set up some input (presumably switches).
You are right.
Me needs more coffee.