digital design project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by haroonasaeed, May 26, 2010.

1. haroonasaeed

Thread Starter New Member

May 25, 2010
    hi,can some1 please tell me how petrol pump control system works.its my semester project related to digital design.....gotta submit it soon...........thanks

2. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    sure, first you pick up the pump handle, select the petrol you want, and pump it into your vehicle, then pay once you are done.... easy. :D

B. Morse

3. haroonasaeed

May 25, 2010
    i just wanted to know from where shud i start it.........because this is my first ever and im a bit reluctant in starting it..need help:(

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  4. Bychon

Mar 12, 2010
    Start with someone that makes petrol pumps. All I know about petrol pumps is that they measure a liquid and display the amount and price, but you knew that before you asked here.

5. CVMichael

Aug 3, 2007
    First of all, don't write words like "some1", use proper English, like "someone".

Most people on the forums (any forum), don't have the time to make complete projects for you (or anyone else).
    The people subscribed here are people just like you, willing to help and give advice in their own free time. We are not paid to do this. We are here just for the joy of helping a stranger...

You are not showing any proof that you put any effort in what you are trying to achieve.

Also, advice like this you can also get from your teacher.

Lastly: Pay attention in class!

6. n1ist

Mar 8, 2009
    First, come up with your use models. Figure out how someone will interact with the pump, and come up with a basic flowchart of operation.

- Prepay cash to the attendant
    - Pay with credit card
    - Purchase a fixed (volume or cost) amount
    - Error conditions (no gas, credit declined, timeout, fire alarm activated, etc)

Then figure out what all of the I/O will be:
    - keypad
    - gas type selector buttons
    - flow sensor
    - credit card reader
    - segmented displays (amount dispensed, cost, price)
    - matrix screen
    - valves
    - data link back to attendant
    - etc.

Then figure out what type of signals each needs or provides (voltage, current, signalling spec) and decide on your processor. Develop your schematic. Code and test.

It's the same for any project.

/mike

7. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Man I luv the humor in u :p

8. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I Know how they work, since I am the one attending these things here.
    But I cannot go to details on the internal working flowchart of petrol dispensors

9. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    man R!f@@, what would your town do without you?? It seems that you are the only one holding the whole place together!!

B. Morse

10. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    literally.. I am the only who will get it done when every one fails.
    When it comes to electronics, I am the man to look for.
    This is really starting to pickup, since now wannabe's are are too scared to face me.
    Before a few years I'd say that this place is in a wreck, one party will do this and the other will do that. Yet in the end finally result is devastating. Since I came out and started doing free lance, most people look for me and me only.
    But I do not do simple things now like repair a dvd player or a tv even though this is how I started after studying. I go for the big job where no one else could do and the best part is no matter what I will get it done, with in hours. Most of them fail at days.

11. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I did do a lot of work that would interest a lot of you, but then I wasn't sharing things in any ways like here in AAC and I never documented my work, I just get the job done and takes the rest of the day off, Even at resorts, my time is mostly spent on the sunbed or at the bar.
    Oh by the way, it isn't just the bowzer that I attend, every Fuel dispenser located around the capital is repaired by me lately.

12. haroonasaeed

May 25, 2010
    thank you all for your help:)