Digital code interception

spnonline

Joined Jul 17, 2014
I have two transceivers that periodically transmit to each other, roughly 30 times per minute.

They are operating on 433.92mhz and I can successfully hear the transmissions with a scanner set to the frequency they are operating on.

My question is can I intercept the signal with an Arduino or something similar, and at that point decode it, or retransmit it? I know this must be possible but unsure of the equipment needed etc.

I have detailed spec sheets on both transceivers being tested, the modulation is F1D.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
there are several digital mode programs for the sound card in a pc that decode a lot of kinds of digital signals, if you have the specs on the digital code used, maybe one of them can help, or at least give you something to start from.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
F1D means it's frequency modulated without a subcarrier, so the 433MHz freq itself is being modulated.

You are going to need special equipment to decode that! You won't be able to use the majority of cheap off the shelf 433MHz (fixed freq) modules.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
f1d can be recieved with a bfo on the riciever. the beat tone changes with the recieved frequency, then you have a fsk audio tone to decode.