Differential amp Electronics

rajasekaran.raman

Joined Apr 6, 2009
Level shifter circuit is essential in Diff amplifier circuit because there is no _____________ in the circuit,..:confused::confused::confused:

A)capacitor
B)Feed back
c)none of the above
d)Bi polar Junction Transistor

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Strange question - I would have thought as long as the differential signal offset is within the common mode range of the amplifier then there are no impositions with respect to having to introduce an offset.

Yup, that's an odd question all right, I guess because it's floating free from its original context. Is there a circuit diagram that comes with it? Otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

Just had a thought - I was assuming it was an op-amp circuit, but upon reflection it's possibly a diff amp made from discrete transistors, in which case the answer is probably "transistor". An NPN transistor configured as a current source is often used as a level shifter in discrete diff amp circuits to bias the output around 0V, assuming a split-rail power supply.

rajasekaran.raman

Joined Apr 6, 2009
If u think its a funny qn. then tell me about need of level shifter circuit in diffrential amplifier. Can any one explain about the clamper circuit in multi stage with circuit perphaps,...

Not without a circuit diagram! You can link to your own URL, or click on the "Attachments" button above, then "Upload File from your Computer", and then link to that URL.