Difference between these two 9V batteries

Vincenzo1309

Joined Dec 28, 2008
Dear all,

I am confused. May I know the difference between the 2 battery source that I have attached. One is a 9V battery cell, the other one is a battery pack containing 6 AA batteries.

Both supply 9V. What I think is that the current that they can supply is not same. Can anyone advise?

Thanks and Regards,

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The small 9v battery has six tiny batteries in it.

The battery pack can provide much more current than the tiny 9v battery.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Simply look at the datasheets of the batteries on the website of a battery manufacturer like Energizer.
At a current of 100mA, six AA alkaline cells last 5.5 times longer than a little 9V battery.

Attachments

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
What I hate about batteries is that only rechargeable ones give the mah rating I think primaries should also have to give a rating.

to the OP, if you rip apart the 9v battery you'll find 6 little batteries inside; in series to produce 9volts exactly the same way as your bigger battery is constructed, in very simplistic terms generally (not exactly true) the bigger the battery the more energy (water) it can hold, so you might be talking less than 100mah's of current into the little 9v where as the bigger battery the AA's can hold anything up to 3 amps depending on the chemicals and process involved.

The 9v small battery could then supply 100mah @ 9v for 1 hour where as the AA version could supply 9v @ 3000mah for 1 hour.
Your units are redundant.:D