Difference between Controller, Microcontroller & Microprocessor in control system

Sub System

Joined Nov 2, 2008
Hello All :)

can anyone plz tell me what is the Differene between Controller & Microcontroller & and Microprocessor in control systems and what is their applications and whats the best of them to be applied on control systems and why

i looked in the forum for what i need but ididnt find anything except that topic Difference between microcontroller and microprocessor but ididnt provided me with what i need so hope you provide me with any possiple help and thanks in advance :):)

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It would be most helpful if you asked specific questions. As you notice, this topic has been discussed, so we need to know what you haven't been able to learn about those differences.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The problem here is that there is no generalized answer. There are many different microcontrollers available where the differences are largely communications ability, the number of I/O pins, and other abilities like LCD I/F or PWM channels.

You have to have a specific application in mind before you can select a microcontroller that will be satisfactory.

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
i looked in the forum for what i need but ididnt find anything except that topic Difference between microcontroller and microprocessor but ididnt provided me with what i need
If you can explain what it is you need someone may be able to help but without specific knowledge of what you are after about all one can do is restate what was already said in the other thread, i.e. microcontroller are generally low (computing) power but are stand-alone devices in that they have ROM, RAM, and I/O ports built into the chip, microprocessors have high computing power but need support chips to provide ROM, RAM, I/O, Bus decoding etc.