difference between BEP and HPV on an ic

nuggs

Joined Jun 7, 2013
Hi i'm new to all this but was wondering if the BEP or HPV on a ic is just the company. I am after a 12f629 I/P BEP, but i have a 12f629 I/P HPV. is there a diffence? Thank in advance signed NOOB!! :)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
A 12f629 is a 12f629. The rest is package type, voltage range and safe operational temperature range. Check the "packaging" chapter in the DATASHEET and the overview on the first section for details.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi i'm new to all this but was wondering if the BEP or HPV on a ic is just the company. I am after a 12f629 I/P BEP, but i have a 12f629 I/P HPV. is there a diffence? Thank in advance signed NOOB!! :)
Why are you after the "BEP" part? Is that from some schematic or parts list or just because that's what was on a device that you want more of?

The I/P means that it is an Industrial temperature range Plastic DIP packaged part. The "BEP" and "HPV" are likely traceability codes that Microchip can use use identify in much greater detail the history of that part incase there are problems.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The full part number for that part is PIC12F629-I/P, which specs a PDIP package good over a temperature range of -40C to +85C.

If you got the last 3 letters off an existing board they may be the "Quick-Turn-Programming" code indicating that device was programmed by Microchip at their factory.

Users with stable code and requiring a large quantity will sometimes do such.