diecast 1/200 airplane lights

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I don't understand what question are you asking?

It sounds like you want two steady yellow LEDs. Those should be powered directly from whatever your power source is, with a current-limiting resistor to protect them and to control the brightness. (An LED meant for 20mA will still be very visible with just 5mA, and will last longer and use less power.)

For the blinking, there are many options. You need to specify the exact timing you want for each LED, and whether the two are linked together. It sounds like you don't want them both to ever be on at the same time? Many simple LED flasher circuits use the 555 timer IC.

There are also LEDs that flash on their own. They would potentially overlap in your model but they would make for a very easy project. No circuit except for limiting current.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I don't understand what question are you asking?

It sounds like you want two steady yellow LEDs. Those should be powered directly from whatever your power source is, with a current-limiting resistor to protect them and to control the brightness. (An LED meant for 20mA will still be very visible with just 5mA, and will last longer and use less power.)

For the blinking, there are many options. You need to specify the exact timing you want for each LED, and whether the two are linked together. It sounds like you don't want them both to ever be on at the same time? Many simple LED flasher circuits use the 555 timer IC.

There are also LEDs that flash on their own. They would potentially overlap in your model but they would make for a very easy project. No circuit except for limiting current.

No current limiting needed with a button-cell battery like a CR3032. The LED will glow non-stop for several days (depending on the quality of the battery) with no resistor. They are a bit over powered initially and colors can be blue-shifted but in a few minutes, they look fine. As the OP said, they are known as throwies if you put a magnet on them and throw them against a steel surface. We made 3 dozen for a party and threw them up around a building entrance. It looked nice for the evening. Then we needed a ladder because someone wanted the magnets off the building.

http://makezine.com/projects/extreme-led-throwies/

PrinzEugen

Joined Jan 24, 2012
tnx guys but i need one switch to power on lights. size is matter :) and if necessary a little bit wires.

so 2 steady non flickering white smd 0603 led diode, 2 flickering red smd 0603 switch, and one battery.

im planing using astable multivibrator but can you give me some scheme for 3v

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
What is your plan for powering all this? Gopher is correct that a CR2032 can perform the current-limiting function, but this wouldn't be compatible with running a flashing circuit. If you are using flashing LEDs with no other circuitry, then perhaps the CR2032 would be fine and a very simple solution. You can use very fine wiring to your LEDs, since they will be drawing only a few milliamps.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
so 2 steady non flickering white smd 0603 led diode, 2 flickering red smd 0603 switch, and one battery.

im planing using astable multivibrator but can you give me some scheme for 3v
First you were talking about red and yellow; now you're talking about white. Forward voltage for white is closer to 5V. Few, if any, timer ICs will operate from 3V.

PrinzEugen

Joined Jan 24, 2012
ok, here is circuit without additional 555 timer or transistor
1st red 0603 smd blink fast and after 2nd chasing led blink and 1st again and so on.
yellow leds are steady.
power consumption of 4x 0603 smd led (they are appropriate to airplane scale) and other parts are enough for one battery (for couple of hours a day) ?

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Should the red leds blink on the same time?
If so use a blink led and a normal led in series.

Bertus

PrinzEugen

Joined Jan 24, 2012
if if noticed they have some period of pause( few sec) look at 1.30min of video

and process repeats one light after another no pause

i could use the simplest solution i dont want to make to more complicated that is is now

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'd go with self blinking LEDs and see if you are happy with the effect. If not, you can come back for something fancier.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
for diecast 1/200 airplane i need this lights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMBZdIs6QLs at 1.50min
two flickering red chasing led (one up first and one down after), and two non flickering yellow wing led
condition is to use minimal wires and maybe one 3v cr2032 battery with magnet , throwie concept maybe ? LMC555??? Maybe LM3909.

pls dont close thread,i need solution
There isn't much room inside the model is there? Even a 747-400 is 230-ish feet long. A 1:200 scale model is only about 1 foot long. An inch wide?