DHT11 sensor

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ammootty, Mar 4, 2014.

1. ammootty

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 20, 2014
    hi..
    i need to test a DHT11 humidity and temperature sensor. can anyone tell me how to test it??
    thanks...

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    You begin by reading the datasheet.

spinnaker and ammootty like this.
  3. ammootty

Feb 20, 2014
    from datasheet i connected a simple circuit using controller.. but its not giving any data output?

4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    spinnaker likes this.
  5. ammootty

Feb 20, 2014
    sorry.. my mistake.. i used this datasheet and the circuit given it..

6. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    I guess it's too much to ask for you to post the EXACT circuit that you used, including what microcontroller you're using, and the source code that you loaded into it, and what you are using for a display output?

Because if it IS too much to ask, then it's going to be a long time before you get an answer.

spinnaker likes this.
  7. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    The DHT11 is a one wire device. This is not an easy device to interface. One wire is extremely time sensitive. You need to be certain you delays to both send data and to receive data are stop on.

The search rom code can be very complicated. It is much easier if you have one device then you can use the SKIP_ROM command.

That is a pretty horrible datasheet. You might want to try to find one from Maxim. Look for AN937 and Maxim. It gives a pretty good explanation of one wire devices.

ammootty likes this.