Device, that is able to connect to internet, identify employee, give him options?

ivanjanek

Joined Jul 25, 2016
Company has internal system for employees (counts number of hours spent at work). I runs at remote server, PHP/Mysql.

I'm looking for some cheap device, that would be sitting next to doors. It would identify employee (finger print is prefered, it can also be RFID etc.). And after it would give employee a few choices (i'm coming to work, im leaving work, im going to doctor, im going for a lunch, im coming back from doctor.....).

- it has to identify employee (finger print prefered)
- it has to give him a few options (what type of exit/enter is he doing)
- it has to transfer these data to remote server at the internet (to Mysql), it can be passive, when scipt at the internet request data transfer and this device will it offer, it doesn't have to have ability to communicate with MySQL

Cheap devices are prefered. Device is not needed for security. Just for tracking how many hours did they worked.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Company has internal system for employees (counts number of hours spent at work). I runs at remote server, PHP/Mysql.

I'm looking for some cheap device, that would be sitting next to doors. It would identify employee (finger print is prefered, it can also be RFID etc.). And after it would give employee a few choices (i'm coming to work, im leaving work, im going to doctor, im going for a lunch, im coming back from doctor.....).

- it has to identify employee (finger print prefered)
- it has to give him a few options (what type of exit/enter is he doing)
- it has to transfer these data to remote server at the internet (to Mysql), it can be passive, when scipt at the internet request data transfer and this device will it offer, it doesn't have to have ability to communicate with MySQL

Cheap devices are prefered. Device is not needed for security. Just for tracking how many hours did they worked.
Another soulless machine for oppressing people. Why don't you just trust them and treat them like adults: valued members of your organization?

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Arghhhh! Yes, what a horrible thing to impose on employees!
I would quit the day they installed that nasty thing.

Or start a "Fight Club"

NorthGuy

Joined Jun 28, 2014
Why don't you just trust them and treat them like adults: valued members of your organization?
Because they were hired by incompetent HR department just because they used correct software to compose their resumes. Thus they are not competent enough to do the work and only think how to escape. They don't mind being finger-printed and eagerly await that after so many years with the company their cubicle wall will be two inches higher.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Because they were hired by incompetent HR department just because they used correct software to compose their resumes. Thus they are not competent enough to do the work and only think how to escape. They don't mind being finger-printed and eagerly await that after so many years with the company their cubicle wall will be two inches higher.
There is no point in having an enterprise under those conditions. The employees will not be productive and the enterprise will enjoy no profits. Might as well shut the place down and do something else with your capital. What a retrograde view of the world.

Don't even get me started on the possibility of this device being hacked and the information of the employees being compromised. The lawsuit from this occurrence would put the company out of business.