Determination of each nutrient in fertlizer ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by abhimanyu143, May 18, 2015.

1. abhimanyu143

Thread Starter Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Hello
    I think this is not right place to ask this type of question on this forum but I think some one can help me
    In hydroponic system, Plant grow in water with Hydroponic nutrient sloutaion. I want to make balanced nutrient system in water for batter result. I don't know how to measure amount of nutrients present in hydroponic solutions. I did some google search. I can do with some Lab test and meters

methods
    1. Hydroponic nutrient testing by lab test
    2. Hydroponic nutrient testing by lab Meter (TDS/PPM EC meter )
    3. Hydroponic nutrient testing by probes , sensor ( ion select electrode )

Q1. which is best method for batter result ?
    Q2. I don't know how to measure amount of each nutrients present in hydroponic solutions after 7 days ?

Hydroponic nutrient sloutaion
    1) Boric Acid (H3BO3): 0.028g
    2) Calcium Nitrate (Ca(No3)2): 0.002 gm
    3) Potassium Nitrate (KNO3): 0.075g
    5) Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4):0.0 37gm
    6) Magnesium Sulphate (MgSO4 * 7H2O): 0.064g
    7) Sulphate of Potash (K2SO4):0.0 45gm
    8) Zinc Sulphate (ZnSO4): 0.0022gm
    9)Manganese Sulphate (MnSO4): 0.015g
    10)Copper Sulphate (CuSO4): 0.0008gm

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    The definition of "best" depends on your criteria. For example lab tests are probably the most accurate, but are the slowest and most costly.
    That's not really a question. I don't know how either, but it will always create problems if you do not use consistent or well-calibrated methods if you are looking at changing levels. You don't want the "change" to be caused by switching to a different method.

abhimanyu143 likes this.
  3. abhimanyu143

Thread Starter Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I did some search. I found lab testing is best method. I have decided to do some chemical test I don't have enough knowledge its been long time, I am searching some useful material but still I am struggling

Hydroponic nutrient sloutaion
    1) Boric Acid (H3BO3): 0.028g
    2) Calcium Nitrate (Ca(No3)2): 0.002 gm
    3) Potassium Nitrate (KNO3): 0.075g
    5) Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4):0.0 37gm
    6) Magnesium Sulphate (MgSO4 * 7H2O): 0.064g
    7) Sulphate of Potash (K2SO4):0.0 45gm
    8) Zinc Sulphate (ZnSO4): 0.0022gm
    9)Manganese Sulphate (MnSO4): 0.015g
    10)Copper Sulphate (CuSO4): 0.0008gm

1 how to determine the amount of Boric Acid (H3BO3) in water after 7 days ?
    2. how to determine the amount of Calcium Nitrate in water after 7 days
    3. how to determine the amount of Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) in water after 7 days ?
    and so on......

4. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Google HPLC.

5. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    that many basic compounds may also push your PH levels to low and require an addition of an acidic compound to balance the PH levels.

It is frowned upon in many places, but hydroponic grow help can be found for marijuana farming that will walk you through the entire procedure of creating and maintaining hydroponic nutrient systems.

6. abhimanyu143

Thread Starter Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Hello MrChips

thank you for your quick response. This is useful information but HPLC system is not available in my area
    Do you have another suggestion , any another method to separate the components in a mixture, to identify each component, and to quantify each component

7. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Until you develop the methods and learn to do them accurately, I recommend you send samples to a competent lab. It may seem expensive, but it will be far more effective than doing it badly yourself.

Atomic absorption used to be the standard technique for analyzing metal ions in solution. I believe ICP is more widely used these days. I don't recall how you analyze for the various anions, but the contract labs will know.

abhimanyu143 likes this.