Detect lines using Hough Transform in FPGAs chip

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by wesso, Feb 26, 2012.

1. wesso

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Hi, guys!
    I'm writing you to ask you how to detect lines from mulimedia file (video data) by using Hough Transform technique in MatLab simulink and implement it in FPGA Kit?

Note: I'm just interesting to implement my work as a MatLab simulink, not as a MatLab coding.

You will find my work as a picture attached here. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. guitarguy12387

Apr 10, 2008
    Well first of all, only Xilinx blocksets will synthesize. You can't use any old simulink blocks and use the SysGen token and expect them to work.

You should read the SysGen Getting Started Guide and the SysGen users guide. Then do some tutorials and labs.

3. wesso

Oct 26, 2010
    Thank you, guitarguy12387. but in case of when I run this model with out SysGen, and just simulink it, why is not working. there is an error appears as shown bellow:

“Parameter 'mov = mmreader('Copy_of_Gorod_312.avi') ' cannot be evaluated. MATLAB error message: Error: The expression to the left of the equals sign is not a valid target for an assignment.”

but when I set the model with an input image by “Image From File” block, the model working normal.

thanks in advance :)

Wesso

4. guitarguy12387

Apr 10, 2008
    Not sure. Can you read that file into that variable in Matlab prompt?

5. wesso

Oct 26, 2010
    No, I can't read that file which is ('Copy_of_Gorod_312.avi')... but I can read any image file. by using Image From File block.