Destroying relieves stress

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
First day sans nicotine went well.

This was a tool shed that was built on my back porch and attached to my house. Demolishing it with an axe and a shovel was more therapeutic than any cigarette I ever smoked. Too bad there's no more tool sheds to level when I'm jones'n tomorrow.

Attachments

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Going to the shooting range is a great stress reliever, for me anyways.
I get to knock over those steel targets again and again. No mess to clean up either!
Are ya'll having trouble finding ammunition or reloading components like I am?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Going to the shooting range is a great stress reliever, for me anyways.
I get to knock over those steel targets again and again. No mess to clean up either!
Are ya'll having trouble finding ammunition or reloading components like I am?
I haven't bought ammo in quite some time. When I got my 2011 income tax return I bought a mountain of it and I'm sitting on it. I've been to the range only a handful of times since then. At this rate, I could make it last 10 years.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
so does exercise , meditation , deep breathing , tensing / relaxing muscles , visual imagery , organized /clean places , hot baths , some herbs , massage , and yoga to name a few

the affect you get from destroying stuff is sort of like exercise but in some way its not as good because you are breaking stuff down not building it up.... which equates to a depressive imagery. (unless of course you finish by creating )

:cool:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
so does exercise , meditation , deep breathing , tensing / relaxing muscles , visual imagery , organized /clean places , hot baths , some herbs , massage , and yoga to name a few

:cool:
Agreed, high intensity exercise and the resulting (natural) endorphin release really helps kick addictions.
That's why I'm into kickboxing. Great stress relive. :)

Great job! Downside is all the cleaning afterwards.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I used to go by the destroying relieves stress, then the handcuffs started to get annoying and i went to anger mng and learned not to destroy things when i was mad.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
My wife quit a couple of years ago ... by reading a book. I found a copy at half.com for less than a pack of cigarettes. Alan Carr wrote ... The easy way to quit smoking.