DESPERATELY SEEKING HELP FOR 16F877A/RFID/LCD ISSUE

norris2002

Joined Apr 18, 2009
Hi everyone. I hope there is someone who can help me out here...

I have a system that scans 7 rfid readers (ID innovation id-12) and using lookup tables and various other gunk displays certain properties of the cards on a 4x20 LCD. This all worked fantastically well on friday using an ICE pic emulator. now, i have programmed it onto my PIC using a pic16.com QL200 development board, and it no longer works.

there is some life, as it happily displays opening messages and interprets a button press, but gets stuck when it is supposed to scan the rfid slots. I do not have access to the emulator until monday, but need the circuit to be functional before then to test with users monday morning(i am a university student and this is part of my final major project/dissertation). I am stuck with where to look, and wondered if there was something i was looking over.

I can include the full code here if it helps anyone, and please ask questions, as i do not know where to start right now and any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Neil

I would start by checking that your fuse bits are all correct (clock source, programming, watchdog timer, brown out detector, etc).

I've had situations where I forgot to set the micro to run on an external HS XTAL, and it defaulted to the internal oscillator.(I would have never known there was a problem if it was not for the fact my program used the UART and I kept getting junk characters in hyperterminal, so I knew my oscillator was wrong.)

Anyways, good luck and have fun!