Designing of a Multistage Amplifier System

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by The_Rock, Feb 3, 2013.

1. The_Rock

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Hello Guys.
    I need your help concerning an Electronics Assignment. Its a really important assignment for the semester coming, heard a lot about Allcircuits, came here with lots of hope.

" During this assignment, it is required to design a complete amplifier system consisting of an input waveform generator, and a two stage amplifier. The first stage is a small signal amplifier, and the second stage is a power amplifier.

Details about the rms voltage, Vi and frequency, f, values of waveform generator, small signal amplifier and power amplifier have been provided in a sheet.

a) An appropriate waveform generator must be chosen and designed such that it generates signals of mentioned rms voltage, Vi, and frequency, f given in the sheet.
    b) Design the small signal amplifier circuit as per specifications in the sheet.
    c) Design the power amplifier circuit as per the specifications given in the sheet and with respect to properties of the small signal amplifier.
    During this design, it is required to determine all passive and active components, choose transistors, or capacitors or op-amps used, justify their choice, show all calculations...AND perform simulation of the system using any appropriate software.

I must write a report on this assignment. "

I hope to receive some guidelines on this. I can't make up what to design actually, and what am i supposed to do exactly. So, please guys, any reference links, or notes..or explanation on this would be very helpful to me. Please.

Thanks in advance.

2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Why can't you do it?
    The assignment tells you EXACTLY what you are supposed to design and the "sheet" tells you the details.

Then you can simulate or build the circuit to see if it works properly.

3. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    You don't have to make up what to design, you are given a set of specifications and asked to design something that meets them. The idea is for you to take what you have learned (or should have learned) in your studies up to this point and apply them. So break the problem down into as small of pieces as possible and tackle them one at a time. As you work on it and run into specific issues, you can come here and post the work you have done thus far, what issue you are having, what steps you have taken to attempt to resolve, or at least understand, the issue, and what the results of those efforts have been. If you do that, you will get lots of feedback and assistance. But if you come and just say, "I have no idea where to start or what to do," the response is not going to be very reassuring, nor should it be. If you truly, at this point, have no idea how to even start, then the best place to start is by switching to a major that doesn't involve anything remotely related to this.

4. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Hee, hee. Like gardening.

Maybe there is a foreign language problem.
    A couple of my professors and a few classmates could barely speeky zee Engrish.

5. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    Kind of hard to suggest something if we don't know what it's supposed to do...... what's in the sheet?

As you appear not to have basic design understanding, you might need to go with IC solutions. The XR2206 will make a good signal generator but I have no idea if that meets your specs. You can also build a pre amp from a TLO-71 and a power amp from something like a TDA2030. But I have no idea what your specs are.

6. toffee_pie

Oct 31, 2009
    can you use pspice?
    if so use that to simulate some circuits, no one can get killed and they either will work and get results or they wont.