DESIGNING AMPLIFIERS???

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dogar sahab, Oct 31, 2008.

1. dogar sahab

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I want to ask about designing of RC COUPLED COMMON EMITTER-COMMON EMITTER AMPLIFIER??
    I know how to analyse the circuit i.e calculating the voltage gain from the resistances in the circuit!!!!
    But how to design the RC-COUPLED given that you have given voltage gain and value of Ic???
    So how to start with that???

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    First draw a schematic, then tweak it. Many times I don't even put values down until I have the basic diagram drawn. You can always change something later.

3. dogar sahab

Mar 15, 2008
    Should I do DC analysis first to have Q POINT or I get it confirmed from DATA SHEET!!!!
    The transistor is 2N4401

4. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    Easy man..

You're pretty much asking what it takes a few chapters of text to explain. Tell us how far you have gone, then we may fill in some blanks. My pay cheque from AAC is too small to spend that much time with your question.

Steve

5. dogar sahab

Mar 15, 2008
    I want to design RC-COUPLED CE-CE MULTISTAGE AMPLIFER.. of given voltage gain..I know the analysis but what things I should keep in min before starting..Mid frequency response so not required to have values of capacitances!!!!

6. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    So, now you are designing a multistate amplifier in contrary to your original question. Do you see how some clarification can go a long way?

If you know the analysis, you should be able to complete the circuit.

You are leaving out very important details, such as input impedance, output impedance, voltage available, is it bipolar or unipolar, desired gain?

Steve

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Again, start with a schematic, and the appoximate values you are shooting for. Then work through the analysis. If it turns out the schematic won't do what you want you either modify it or start from scratch. You're making this harder than it has to be, I've always found every project starts with pencil and paper (or computer, mouse, and screen).

Is this something you're really going to build? If so, what is it's exact use? Start with the definitions, which then give you some idea as to specs.