Designing a sequential adder in logicworks

DarkyDonno

Joined Mar 4, 2015
I didn't know where else to ask this but I'm having a lot of trouble with my computer science lab. It was going well until recently I missed a lab on D flip-flops and JK flip-flops due to illness. I'm not entirely sure what they do and am having trouble understanding google results. Anyways, this weeks assignment is to create a sequential adder using a 4-bit shift register to store the output values.

Here's a link to the assignment in questionhttp://gyazo.com/3cb82aa9728a5c131e83bb3b3eb70c0b

I have already created the full adder in a previous assignment, is the box at the bottom supposed to be the D flip-flop? If so why are there only 3 wires connected to it? Also where does the 4 bit shift register go?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You probably should go back and do the lab you missed. This stuff builds on itself and you can't just skip key material because you were sick that day.

DarkyDonno

Joined Mar 4, 2015
You probably should go back and do the lab you missed. This stuff builds on itself and you can't just skip key material because you were sick that day.
This was the lab last week. I don't have it again until tomorrow. Idk anyone's number in that class. No notes posted online. I can't really get the notes for D and JK flip flops or 4 bit shift register.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Have you tried going to your instructor (or lab instructor) and asking for the materials you missed and to see if there is some time that you can get access to the lab in order to catch up?

Do you have ANY text for digital electronics?

Have you tried to Google D flip flop or JK flip flop or shift register to try to back fill the material you missed?

Have you tried looking at the Textbook available on this site (see the menu bar at the top)?