Design, Simulation & Fabrication of a Common Emitter Amplifier

sarhaan

Joined Dec 23, 2008
hi, i am level 2 student doing my Bsc in mechatronics.
i am required to undertake a module-based mini project in the area of Electronic engineering. this involves design & fabrication. a report is to be submitted clearly stating the conclusions drawn from the project work. i would be really thankfull if i could get the theoretical calculations. My submission date is two days from now.

i am to design a Common emitter Amplifier Circuit.

Design Specifications:

Voltage Gain: 100
Input Voltage: 10mV(RMS) to 20mV(RMS)
The lower cut-off Frequency: 800Hz to 1.5KHz
DC Power Supply: 10V to 15V
Transistor type: npn

Software Simulations:

(i) Draw the circuit using Microsim/Orcad
(ii) Plot the frequency responce of the Amplifier "with" & "without" Emitter bias capacitor.
(ii) Find out the Mid Band Gain, Lower, Upper cut-off(3dB) frequencies & hence Calculate the band width.

Hardware:

Assemble the circuit & repeat the steps (ii) and (iii) above to compare the results.

Report:

1. Abstract
2. A physical discription of the circuit.
3. Design specifications
4. Circuit diagram
5. Design with necessary sketches
6. A list of components
7. Fabrication & testing
8. Results & conclusion
9. Bibliography
10. Appendix(Data sheet)

I am to show all design work in the project,including calculations for all component values & also state any assumptions made.
:confused:
Is anyone up for the challenge

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Aren't you supposed to do the assignment yourself?
Didn't your teacher teach about transistor amplifier circuits?
Doesn't your text book explain about transistor amplifier circuits?
This site has a Tutorial section and the internet has millions of sites explaining how to design the simple circuit.
Good luck.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
All I would need is your teacher's email address, a money order for $500, and I'll send the results to your teacher. You need not be involved since you didn't do any of the work.

p.s. Your grade will be one of the lowest in the class, but, at least you'll know you paid for the grade you deserved.

sarhaan

Joined Dec 23, 2008
The thing is, i have no time. i am too busy with my other Pneumatics and EngineeringApplicatins projects, and im not one of those, you know...
i'll really ough you one.
i'll be there when u'll need me

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The forum rules are quite clear. Alot of people will gladly assist you with this project, but, none will do it for you.

Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.