Design Science License

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by KtJw, Dec 3, 2013.

1. KtJw

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Hello,
    I am creating a power point slide show to use in training apprentice electricians, and was wanting to use pictures and some text from the textbook, "Lessons In Electric Circuits, Volume I - DC". What do I need to do to comply with the Design Science License in this case? I will not be distributing the slide show, I will simply be using it to present information to a classroom of students.

I was thinking of including a little symbol in the lower left corner of any slide that uses information from this publication and having a notice at the beginning of the presentation that would let the students know where the information came for those slides. I would also have a slide that showed where they can access the full text of the publication as well as the design science license on-line. Would that be sufficient?

Thank you for ant help or direction that you can provide,
    Kirk

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Just mention where you got the slides and you are covered, at least that is my interpretation.

3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Yes, I agree with Bill.

4. KtJw

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Thank you for your input, it confirmed what I was thinking; that the purpose of the design science license is simply that we give credit where credit is due.

Kirk

5. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005