Design Question on Power Circuit switch case

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by alkazmalim, Mar 25, 2008.

1. alkazmalim

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Hi all,

For an application, I need a power source that gives a pulsed voltage. We can already generate the pulse behavior we want by the labview equipment we have however; the voltage and current ratings of that signal is not enough for our application. So we need a circuit that amplifies this signal's voltage and current to the value we want according to the application. Or we need a circuit that would be used as a switch driven by the signal from labview that will open and close a DC power source which has the amp and voltage values we want.

The wave we need is a square wave. Minimum pulse on time we need is 50 ns and most of the time the duty cycle is around %50, which means 10MHz frequency at the tightest condition. We can generate this signal with a 0-5V signal behavior(5 Volt is a little bit ideal, if you want to use this signal as an input, it is better to choose 3V as a triggering voltage value) from labview as I mentioned.

What we need is a working range of 0-10 V voltage and 0-1 A current for our power source with the pulse behavior defined above. An important point is, this circuit should be adjustable. For example, in one run we would want 10 MHz, 7 V and 0.5 A, in another run we would want 5MHz, 5 V and 0.2 A. But, we don't change the power settings through a run on-line.

Within that context, as you can see we need an amplifier or switcher circuit. Could anyone advise me something?

thanks in advance

PS: I have attached a proposed circuit that I am not sure whether it will work or not. What I am sure is that the transistors should be BJT in that high speed application. By the way, if you know a reliable high speed BJT that can work in that application please advise me one. I am not familiar to this issue and opened to all kinds of advices in any detail.
  2. sudharshan

Mar 3, 2008
    But In the input source 1MhZ has mentioned.
    In the Question 10MhZ has mentioned.
    Can u Clear this doubt?
  3. alkazmalim

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    input source issue is a typo probably, it is not important. The tru number given is in the question.