design project (beginner level)

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by gdahlberg55, Oct 3, 2013.

1. gdahlberg55

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 3, 2013
    For my electronics class I have to design a circuit that will be used to test the knowledge of the user to match two symbols: a schematic component on the left with its pictorial representation on the right. A correct match should result in the light connected to the lamp socket being illuminated. I think I have this part mostly correct, I will post pictures with this as well, the challenge option is to have an incorrect match sound a buzzer and this is where I am stumped look at the pictures attached and see what you think about it. Keep in mind, this is only a entry level class so simple switches etc. would be my best guess as to what we should be using to get this to work.

guidelines have the picture on the left with the term on the right, the existing schematic file contains what I have now that I believe would work, but it doesnt have the buzzer yet. thats what I need the help with. thanks

2. wayneh

Sep 9, 2010
    What switches are you using? I don't have a plan but I think it may be easier with dual pole switches.

Can we assume resistors and diodes are not allowed?

Nov 30, 2010
    I can see how to do this with resistors, diodes, zener diodes, LEDs, and one transistor. Are you allowed to use all these parts?
  4. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I'm a bit confused on how the person being tested is supposed to interact with this thing. How many switches are there? What does it mean if I place a particular switch in a particular position?

Is the light supposed to light up only if I have ALL of the matches correct?

Or do I close one switch on the left side (and only one) and one switch on the right side (and only one) and therefore match things up one at a time?

If the latter, what prevents someone from simply turning on all the switches on both sides? Or is that beyond the scope of the problem and the assumption is that the person is playing by the rules?