design network sorter

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by ranhani, Sep 29, 2015.

1. ranhani

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Hello everyone, I have this question to design 2-sorter and 4-sorter also and I must use those

design a 2-sorter as shown in by using one 4-bit magnitude comparator and two 4-bit 2-to-1 multiplexors .
    design a 4-sorter by using five s-sorters as you will see it clear in attachments.
    my question how many design I must design and can u give me the simple program to design those

thanks for help :)

2. KeepItSimpleStupid

Mar 4, 2014
  3. ranhani

Sep 29, 2015

No it's a little different
    Did u see the attachments?
    Did u know program to implements this?
    Thank u

4. KeepItSimpleStupid

Mar 4, 2014
    it's doing exactly what I said, just doing all of the compares after the propagation delay. It does them all, but doesn;t require a clock.

LTSpice should be able to do it I would think, but the models may have to come from the Yahoo group for LTSpice.

5. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I think it's more of a "merge sort" rather than a bubble sort, but it is pretty straight forward.

6. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    You are not asked to design anything. You are given the design (see Fig 2(c) and 2(d)) and are merely asked to implement them. The assignment does not specify how you are to implement it -- presumably that information was given to you separately. Are you supposed to physically implement them in hardware? Or just simulate the circuits in software?

7. ranhani

Sep 29, 2015

Thank u for reply .. It's just simulate circuits as draw it snd print it only.. Do u know any simple program can help me?
    Also i don't know which sorter he want :( ?
    Thank i

8. ranhani

Sep 29, 2015
    It's about network sorter same in attachment part 2

9. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Read the assignment. It not only tells you want to implement, but also how to implement it. Part 2(a) asks you to implement a 2-sorter and part 2(b) asks you to implement a 4-sorter.

10. ranhani

Sep 29, 2015

I know that but I need help to make it

11. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    If you know that, then why did you say that you didn't know which sorter he wanted?

Most classes that use simulation specify which simulators you are expected/allowed to use. Ask your instructor what the requirements are in that respect.

12. ranhani

Sep 29, 2015

I'm sorry u didn't give me any kind of help if u don't know about this subject don't post let others help me
    And if u don't read he ask about 2 kind of sorter
    And i ask also about program to design that!!

13. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Word to the wise -- don't try to play these kinds of games; they don't tend to go over well here.

Yes, he did. And you said you weren't sure which kind he wanted, so I pointed out that HE WANTS BOTH! Read 2(a) -- he wants you to implement a 2-sorter. Read 2(b) -- he wants you to implement a 4-sorter using five 2-sorters as the building blocks.

And I asked for details about what you were required/allowed to use. What good would it do for me to recommend that you use Verilog if you are not allowed to use an HDL?

14. ranhani

Sep 29, 2015

No he didn't specify any of program he ask from us to search about that and find program can draw these cicuit..

15. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Do you just need to draw the circuit, or are you expected to actually simulate the circuit?

16. ranhani

Sep 29, 2015
    I need only to draw it

17. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    The you have a number of options available. Everything from Paint and PowerPoint (or the Linux/Apple equivalents) to programs like LT Spice. If you want something that's free, has a pretty low learning curve, and produces very good quality diagrams then you might consider SchemeIt from DigiKey.

http://www.digikey.com/schemeit/