Design a dipole antenna

dumindu89

Joined Oct 28, 2010
I want to design a dipole antenna for my FM transmitter which transmit more than one channel (one channel will be transmitted at a one time).

How I design such an antenna?
What are the things that I should focus?

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What range of frequencies?
What coax feed line impedance?
How much gain?
Directional or Omnidirectional?
Vertical or Horizontal polarization?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I want to design a dipole antenna for my FM transmitter which transmit more than one channel (one channel will be transmitted at a one time).

How I design such an antenna?
What are the things that I should focus?
If your main concern is being able to use the antenna on a wide range of frequencies, you need an antenna that has wide bandwidth. Bandwidth is determined by the type of antenna, but also by the diameter of the elements, i.e., larger diameter elements give wider bandwidth. If the frequencies you want to use are very widely separated, you may need an antenna design that allows you to change the resonant frequency. This is done by adjusting the element lengths, adjusting the feedpoint, or in other ways. There are also antennas that inherently have wide bandwidth as well as directional antennas; one that comes to mind is called a "log periodic."

If you answer the questions asked by other responders, you will get better advice.