Design a BPF for 1.33 GHZ centre freq in AWR software

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
That is not much of a filter specification. It will probably involve microstripline techniques, since lumped inductors at that frequency would be pretty small.

Are you doing this with the free download version or is this a $5000.00/seat piece of commercial software?

You have specified the center frequency which is only the beginning. How about the input impedance, output impeadance, bandwidth, passband attenuation, stopband attenuation, and the insertion loss. Give us a break, we're not mind readers.

rnusair

Joined Nov 21, 2013
That is not much of a filter specification. It will probably involve microstripline techniques, since lumped inductors at that frequency would be pretty small.

Are you doing this with the free download version or is this a $5000.00/seat piece of commercial software?

You have specified the center frequency which is only the beginning. How about the input impedance, output impeadance, bandwidth, passband attenuation, stopband attenuation, and the insertion loss. Give us a break, we're not mind readers.
Thanks for your reply and sorry for not giving more details, I just wanted to catch some attention first then move on, however, it's an educational full AWR version and licensed and the BW I'm looking for is 50 MHZ, input impedance 50 ohms and output impedance 50 ohms.. I just want to pass this 1.33 GHZ through this filter not looking for a sharp one by the way so any class of filter would do the job.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Let us start with a 3 pole Butterworth filter. There are tables that give you the component values for a low pass filter with a cutoff frequency of 1 Hz. and input output impedance of 1 Ohm.

Using that low pass prototype you transform each of the single elements into a combination element consisting of an L and a C. Now you scale the resulting bandpass filter with a center frequency of 1 Hz. and 1 ohm input and output impedance to a center frequency of 1.33 GHZ. and a bandwidth of 50 MHz.

Now you AWR system should model the inductors as micro-striplines and the capacitors a 0402 SMT devices.

Good luck