Design a analog circuit...

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dileepchacko, Jan 22, 2009.

1. dileepchacko

Thread Starter Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Dear All

Can anybody can design one circuit which meet my requirement
    Input specification
    Input current = 12uV to 0.2A
    frequency (sinusoidal signal) = 50Hz (fundamental)+ harmonics
    Output requirement
    Output voltage = ±10mV to ±5V (without any phase shift)
    Output harmonics = should not allow more than 11th harmonics.

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    What kind of devices are you allowed, transistors (and how many), op amps, what?

3. dileepchacko

Thread Starter Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Transistors are not recommended. We can use Op-amp, Programmable amplifier and CMOS switches.

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    You can manually adjust the gain to what you want, so you can match the output requirements to the specified output?

I suspect this was a misprint. You would have to have low impedance indeed to have 200ma at 12µv. Am I mistaken?

My thought is a simple noninverting amp with variable gain. You could probably use a 741, the frequency response on this op amp is pretty low, it might even help reject the 11th harmonic by itself (which is 550 Hz, BTW). It sounds like you need an active filter, probably low pass. An RC filter might work, if we could keep the phase shift under control (probably not a problem, have to crunch the numbers though).

About the 741, the power supply requirements are a pain, I'd go with something a little newer. It would work with a ±9V power supply (I'm thinking transistor batteries), but so would everthing else. Most op amps have problems with getting near the power supply rails, so I would not use ±6V.

My current thought looks something like this...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009