Deriving a Fourier series

360modina

Joined Oct 22, 2008
This is actually a two part question, I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I need a bit of guidance in deriving these two Fourier series I will call equations 1 & 2

Right now I'm taking shots in the dark trying to figure either one out so any advice is welcome .

Cheers, Evan

Last edited:
I'm a little confused about your question. Those equations are the definition of the fourier series, where Cn are the fourier coefficients. Are you trying to derive them, or is there an equation that you want to find the fourier series of? In the latter case, you'll need to give us your f(t)

360modina

Joined Oct 22, 2008
I'm a little confused about your question. Those equations are the definition of the fourier series, where Cn are the fourier coefficients. Are you trying to derive them, or is there an equation that you want to find the fourier series of? In the latter case, you'll need to give us your f(t)
Actually I have been using them already fairly confidently, I'm looking to derive the general equations from the ground up. Or in other words the last step of the derivation will be the two equations shown.

Pardon my ignorance, but i'm still not completely sure what you're looking to do. Those equations give you the fourier series of f(t). We need to know f(t) in order to help you derive the fourier series of f(t).