Deploying pc application to a Windows mobile device

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by mitko89, Jan 20, 2015.

1. mitko89

Thread Starter Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Hey guys,
    Once I designed a PC program, which communicates with a bluetooth device. I was asked if I could rework this application so it can be used on a Windows mobile device. Can anyone suggest the least painful way to deploy the application to a mobile device? Any suggestions on how to do so or explanation why it's impossible will be welcome. Thank you!

2. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    I wrote a few applications for Windows Mobile 6 in C# using VisualStudio, which was quite painless.

What version of Windows Mobile?

What was the original language?

If it's a C-variant, go get the SDK from Microsoft and you're well off.

Otherwise, you may need to port code after checking for mobile versions of interpreters/compilers/etc.

3. mitko89

Thread Starter Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Hey tshuck,
    PC application is written in C#, I am not sure if MS device emulators have bluetooth support (I read somewhere that they do not). The SDK I have is 6 so let's assume it is for 6. Do I have to rework something or just create a CAB?
    P.S. Sorry for the silly questions, I didn't have much time to research the issue myself. Will pay more attention to it once I get home. Anyway, thanks :)

4. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    It depends on how you've made your program, best case scenario is it just needs a cab.

Microsoft has some code examples on using Bluetooth with Windows Mobile 6.