deleting posts iv made

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
i just wondered if there was a way to delete threads that i made that have got no responce and i have figured out myself after. i just figured these threads probly would'nt help anybody and just take up some drive space on the AAC server.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That and just deleting thread for the heck of it is very strongly discouraged. They are part of the historical record here. Even after you delete them they are still on the site, that is how the internet works. Everything is forever.

This is something I try to get across to my kids in my youth group about Facebook and other sites. It never goes away, every silly comment, every bad picture.

AAC is better than most, but are still the norm.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Yah I got into it with a couple mods and users a couple years ago and deleted many of my posts. Its pretty frowned upon. I didn't get into any trouble but I felt things needed to be done. I was being attacked by another member no matter what I posted about and all the reprimanding went to me when the guy was basically just calling me names. I deleted all my stuff and left for a year, The people I was arguing with bacame less frequent and I don't see em around anymore so I came back. That and I wanted to hook up with Loosie to throw a key party on the beach.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
What a party that would be, Max as D.J. he has earned the right. There would

be fun for all. Max as D.J. at the Elbo Room with Loosewire entertaining and getting

everyone Involved. It could be International weekend, bring your countries fun.

We could always hit the beach day and night,doing every thing right,respecting

every ones personnallies,so everyone has fun. Fun over party so everyone can

attend. Any takers for fun to talk about it ,a reunion of A.A.C. with t-shirts.

The back of the the t-shirt-DELETE_THIS,like what stays in Vegas.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is almost like Moore's law, hard drives are doubling ever 3 years. We are at 2 Terri byte (bigger actually). We're good.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
yah i know about the drives supposidly be 64 TB in a few years. i figured the forum maybe was still using older drives. how long has this forum ben around anyways?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Early 2000, around 2001 I think, using different software. Jrap upgraded the computer a couple of years ago, it did not go smooth, but is much better now.

It sits in a server farm in Florida.

I figure I'm using around 100Megs myself, with all the schematics. Thing is, they are not a waste, someone perviews them.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
sounds like it was a SCSI system then i just had my first SCSI experience a few months ago i set it up the way that seemed in theroy should work. this didn't work though had some isues with termination at the divice jsut used a terminator instead nad changed ports. then one drive was recognized by SCSI bios but windows wouldn't see it. i was like ok its dead then was like maybe low level format it and it now works. i fists started i was like why do so many people dislike SCSI, then i got to troublshoooting isues i was having and i was like this stinks to try to fix. but i got it working. also had isues installing the os had to find scsi drivers. sata keeps looking better all the time.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There is nothing mystical about SCSI. I've used it, still do for my C128.

Hot swappable though, that is another story. The ability to pull out a redundant drive (say 1 out of 3, or 5, or whatever) while it is still powered up and spinning, that is both expensive and rare, and yet common for servers.

Thing is, put a new drive to replace the one you just removed, it is formatted and the entire data set is copied on the fly.

I don't remember the standard, but they spin much faster too, somewhere around 10K as opposed to the commercial 7200 RPM. It may be SCSI, but I don't think so.

I go to several computer flea markets every month, a friend in the biz was showing some old versions of these HDs (10000 RPM, but only 32 Gig).