delay time in transistors

moonlight

Joined Jun 29, 2009
i'm sorry if i upset anyone before
i just have alot of questions
and i'm new here
so have 2 may be just dump questions
what is the reason of delay time in transistors??
and why in series connections voltage is divided between resistancess connected and the current is the same??
and why in parallel connections current is divided and voltage is the same???
thanks in advance

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
and why in series connections voltage is divided between resistancess connected and the current is the same??
and why in parallel connections current is divided and voltage is the same???
Draw yourself a sketch of a series arrangement and a parallel arrangement.

Now imagine you are a bunch of 'packmen' approaching from one end and ask yourself how many paths are there in each case.

what is the reason of delay time in transistors??
This is more difficult, but, all the electric current passing through a transistor is carried by lots of little tiny charges.

Each charge has a (small) mass. You cannot suddenly stop or change the direction of anything that has mass - it takes time, they just keep going for a while. This is called the delay time.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Can you stop your car or bike instantly?

What happens if you cease pedalling?

You coast along to a stop.

The same thing happens to the charge carriers inside the transistor if you 'turn off ' the electricity. Only they are very small and light so it is a very small and quick event for them.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Parallel and series circuit paths are basic DC. Transistor delay times is slightly more advanced theory. You can't always mix details, but have to build on understanding one thing before understanding the other. We have no idea what your background or understanding is, so we make certain assumptions.

Nothing is instantaneous, not the speed of light, or electricity. It takes some amount of time for anything to happen. Transistor delay is such a case. The exact details are going to require a bit more work on your case to understanding, there is no substitute for reading.

It is in the forum description, but don't assume we know what you're asking. You may need to ask the same question several different ways for communication to take place. You'll note I do a lot of drawing around here, that is because schematics are the language of electronics, and clear up a lot of assumptions inherent in the questions/answers.

So what is your question again?

moonlight

Joined Jun 29, 2009
ok first of all
my questions are two totally different things
we strat learning and we learn the basics and use it the way it is
the whole point of my question is that why things happen
why seies and paralell conection are that way??
question may be just dump but afterall it's still a question