degree of reentrant in armature winding

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by HoopHoop, Oct 10, 2016.

1. HoopHoop

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 22, 2016
    plz explain the above.

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Are you sure you have the correct words? I've never heard "reentrant" used in the context of a motor. I've only heard it used in the context of multiple tasks executing the same code, but with different data frames.

Aleph(0) likes this.
  3. HoopHoop

Aug 22, 2016
    degree of re-entrant of an armature winding :

it says in an article a winding is a single re-entrant if tracing through it once, all armature conductors are included on returning to the starting point.

how it is 'tracing'? what is the path of tracing?

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You follow the wire from one terminal to another as if you were Maxwell's demon. If you cover all of the wire then the winding is single re-entrant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell's_demon

Hypatia's Protege likes this.
  5. Aleph(0)

Mar 14, 2015
    Hoophoop I think they're just explaining how armature winding is like a single conductor with multiple taps (to commutator strips) but Plz try to get a better translation of your question so we can give better help:cool:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  6. Aleph(0)

Mar 14, 2015
    Papabravo Has Maxwell's demon forsaken thermal dynamics for electric motors:eek:? Say it isn't so:(!

HoopHoop So this post stays on topic and so I'm not causing confusion by joking I think @Papabravo is just saying to run through it in your mind:)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  7. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I could have used Uncle "Traveling" Matt if fraggles were small enough. I'm not sure we ever got clarity on that point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraggle_Rock

Maybe we did -- 18 inches is a bit large for a demon traversing the windings of a motor.

Aleph(0) likes this.
  8. HoopHoop

Aug 22, 2016
    I didnt want to know who is tracing ... i wanted to know the path in the winding that is to be traced.

9. HoopHoop

Aug 22, 2016
    in an armature winding there are several coils. So if I have to trace what is the path to be taken?

10. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You follow the wire from one terminal to another terminal, then ask yourself: "how much of the total amount of wire did I encounter".

11. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    @HoopHoop

FWIW: If you are indeed referring to the armature of a contact (i.e. 'brush') - commutated electric motor - then I believe the arrangement will be as per post #5 -- To wit: Tracing as per posts #4 & #10 will involve 100% of the winding:)

That said -- I'm no expert on electric motors:oops:

Best regards
    HP:)

12. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Can you quote the source of the article and if possible a reproduction?
    Max.

13. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You're the one that keeps asking the same question expecting a different answer. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Now listen, Papabravo is a very smart guy and he is saying exactly what I would say.
    You have been asked for a reference to where you found this idea and you did not help.

If you have to, "trace" then you look at the wire. The path of the wire is what you, "trace". "Trace" is to become aware of the places where the physical wire exists. The sum of all these places is the path. Tracing is a mental exercise, not a physical activity. You don't move the wire to trace it. You merely become aware of its path.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
    Aleph(0), Papabravo and MaxHeadRoom like this.
  15. HoopHoop

Aug 22, 2016
    Now listen YOU are DEFINITELY not a smart guy.

16. Robert Murphy

Oct 17, 2015
    Oh dear

17. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I can't imagine that your comment will improve your chances of getting what you want. I hope that you are happy and proud of your conduct.

18. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    I've been reading a lot of the OLD textbooks and subject tomes available via google.books.con

Re-entrant is/was a term of the art in all of them.

19. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Ya know... We can all understand frustration owed a language barrier - abuse of those patiently attempting to assist you, however, is quite another matter!:rolleyes: --- A bit less 'tude perhaps?

Hopefully
    HP

20. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Aye! Audel's agrees!:cool: - IMHO, however, the 'trouble' is vested less in terminology than in the TS's 'deafness' to any assertion falling outside the scope of his preconceptions:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best regards
    HP