Decode 16-Mod to 2X 7Segment Display, Pls. Help

virgilio

Joined May 2, 2008
Hello,
I need help, does anyone know how to decode the 16-Mod circuit
to 2x 7segment display? Please, if possible attach schematic w/ some tutorials...:confused:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hello,
I need help, does anyone know how to decode the 16-Mod circuit
to 2x 7segment display? Please, if possible attach schematic w/ some tutorials...:confused:
Do you have some specific circuit in mind? You have more knowledge of the facts than we.

This does sound like homework, so I'm moving it there.

virgilio

Joined May 2, 2008
Hi Beenthere,
Thanks for the fast reply.
Actually i used only 1x segment display 7447 config but my instructor(quite demanding) ask me it would be better to use 2x. Probably he don't like 10,11,12...15
displayed as special char!
I have no idea how to implement it using 2x segment display.
I tried searching on google, found one post here by the name sunshine90.
Papabravo suggest this could be easily done with a ROM, PAL or Microprocessor?
Sir, i really don't know how to start this thing over.
Pls. help me.
Thanks in Advance.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Hi Beenthere,
Sir, i really don't know how to start this thing over.
Pls. help me.
Thanks in Advance.
Since you state that "you don't know how to start this thing over", the implication is that you have a first attempt at a design completed. As beenthere as suggested, it would be very helpful to us if you could please post the schematic of what you have done thus far. From that diagram we will be able to suggest ways for you to expand on what you have already done.

hgmjr

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Not at all. ROM usually is Read Only Memory and PAL is Programmable Array Logic. Of the two, only the PAL might be able to make a counter.

The major problem is that you have not stated what the logic is supposed to do. We know that some result needs to be displayed as two digits, but nothing else.